The Policy and Claims Manager of 1Cover Travel Insurance is an online portal that allows customers to view or amend their policies and make or manage claims. But customer feedback indicated that users were unclear of the jobs that could be done within the Policy Manager.
Plus, when multiple travellers were listed on the same policy, customers were confused as to whose email address could be used to login. This led to an unnecessary and large number of calls to the customer service team for help.
Working with an agile team in a scrum environment, I followed a lean UX process to design an improved login page for the Policy and Claims Manager.
- Analysis and insights
- Ideating and wireframing
- Prototyping and user testing
- Iterating after stakeholder feedback
- Monitoring performance
- New content – improved UX writing and microcopy
- New UI components – drop-down tool tips with screenshots
- Help section with screenshots and instructions
- Significant reduction in requests for related call centre support
- Increased user sessions in the Policy and Claims Manager